Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Hyliion is looking for a Functional Safety Manager to join our engineering team in Cedar Park, Texas. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize the trucking industry, reduce the use of fuel, and have some fun.
You will be joining an experienced engineering team in driving the functional safety processes and work products. In this role. You will be responsible for the overall functional safety management and will work closely with electrical and embedded software engineering teams to design and develop an ISO26262 compliant powertrain system. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about translating vision into results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall functional safety management and ISO 26262 compliance.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the safety activities as outlined in ISO 26262.
- Responsible for maintaining the safety plan, and for monitoring the progress of the safety activities against the safety plan.
- Assigning and communicating the responsibilities clearly within the organization/teams with regard to performing the safety activities.
- Collaborating with the Hyliion electrical, electronics, controls and software teams to drive implementation of the hardware and software to meet an acceptable safety level for the product.
- Managing all the functional safety discussions with OEM’s, Tier1 & Tier2 suppliers.
- Providing clear technical guidance to the cross functional teams in terms of work products required per ISO 26262.
- Building a team of technical safety experts as required for the internal projects.
- Developing organization specific rules and processes for functional safety.
- Responsible for making sure that the confirmation measures and confirmation reviews are taken place at the right time during the product development phase.
- Responsible for maintaining the good safety culture within the organization.
- Ensuring the team members involved in the safety activities has appropriate training/education.
- Providing functional safety status and reports to the leadership team as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ Years of Experience in relevant engineering roles.
Specialized knowledge/Professional Certifications (preferred)
- Master’s degree in automotive or electrical/Electronic/Software Engineering preferred.
- ISO 26262 FSM certification.
- Experience leading technical projects including managing schedules and setting key project tasks/milestones.
- Experience in functional safety of electrified powertrain systems.
- Knowledge on IEC 16508.
- Good knowledge of embedded control design.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative safety analysis techniques (i.e., FTA, DFMEA, FMEDA).
- Electrical and electronic hardware development experience according to ISO 26262
- Experience in developing control and safety function for embedded systems
- Understanding of automotive powertrain systems including both traditional and hybrid
- Experience with a formal requirements management tool (Jama, Jira, etc.) and systems engineering principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong follow-through and self-starting nature
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment, set and meet appropriate deadlines.
Key Attributes and Demonstrable Values include:
- People Centered
- Shared Ownership & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- High Integrity
- Ethics & Compliance
- Safety Mentality
- Other duties as assigned may be assigned as required for this role.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.