Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Hyliion is looking for a Senior Engineer – Electronics Hardware to join our engineering team in Cedar Park, TX. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals to join Hyliion on a mission to produce electrified powertrain systems that can augment or fully replace traditional diesel- or natural gas-fueled powertrains. You will be joining an experienced engineering team in the design, simulation, implementation, and testing of electrified powertrain systems. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of various controllers, taking designs from the conceptual stage through final implementation, troubleshooting of test vehicles, and system optimization and refinement for production..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, development, and release of electrification solutions for Class 8 truck applications, such as design of electrical hardware and associated system solutions, including but not limited to Hyliion Drive Processor, Hyliion Gateway, and Hyliion Control Unit.
- Support design activities related to sensors, wireless, and/or data collection systems, cloud.
- Create concepts, diagrams, schematics, layouts.
- Conduct simulations, component selection, and testing.
- Support cost improvement activities through design optimization and production supplier selection.
- Collaboration with mechanical, systems, and software engineering teams during the design and development process. Interpret customer requirements to develop system and sub-system product specifications.
- Support problem solving and timeline activities, as well as setting key project tasks/milestones.
- Ensure that electrical aspects of Hyliion products meet all necessary safety and emission compliance requirements.
- Maintain APQP documentation including FMEAs and DVP&Rs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Michanical, Electrical or >lectronics Engineering.
- 2-4 years relevant engineering experience in automotive/passenger car/commercial vehicle/aerospace/agriculture/consumer electronics industry, especially in hardware design.
Specialized knowledge/Professional Certifications (preferred)
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with teammates and cross-functional teams, external parties to address their needs promptly and to follow through on commitments.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and generate electrical manufacturing documentation.
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment, set and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Understand electrical aspects of automotive powertrain systems including traditional, hybrid, and/or all-electric.
- Understanding of various processor and vehicle architectures.
- Experience with Realtime microprocessor circuit design and programming.
- Experience creating board layouts and required documentation to manufacture PCB.
- Proficient with in-vehicle communication system, including CAN/LIN/Ethernet protocol.
- Knowledge of communication driver designs such as automotive ethernet, RJ45, USB and HDMI.
- Capable of developing functional test requirements for boards and controllers.
- Capable of troubleshooting and root cause analysis on electronic boards.
- Comfortable prototyping and functional testing of electrical components.
- Comfortable with validation and performance testing of electrical components.
- Comfortable following test-plans and expanding on/or developing additional test criteria.
- Logic based and methodical approaches to issues.
- Experience using fish-bone diagrams and/or 5W troubleshooting methodology.
- Understand challenges of prototype, small volume, high volume manufacturing as well as managing PCB bill of materials.
- Familiarity with automotive industry and standards (FMEAs, DVP&Rs, SAE, ISO, ANSI/ASTM, DIN, NEC).
- Capable of using electrical lab equipment such as but not limited to: Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Data capture tools.
- Poses knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, LTSpice, Circuit simulation tools, Visio, Windchill, Smartsheet or similar PCB design platforms Altium or Eagle.
- Willing to travel (10% of time) visiting engineering providers and hardware suppliers.
- Strong follow-through and self-starting nature.
- Good understanding of the V-model and requirements management process.
Key Attributes and Demonstrable Values include:
- People Centered
- Shared Ownership & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- High Integrity
- Ethics & Compliance
- Safety Mentality
- Other duties as assigned may be assigned as required for this role.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.