Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Hyliion is looking for a Lead Engineer – Chassis Integration to join our engineering team in Austin. This full-time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals who are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining an experienced engineering team in the design, simulation, implementation, and testing of electrical powertrain systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and document engineering design release process and gates.
- Lead engineering design release process and product development process.
- Ensure product development timelines for various system and sub-system development.
- Outline cost and resource requirements based on the scope and timelines for various engineering projects to meet the program timelines.
- Develop the engineering product, function and feature roll out plan to meet the requirements for development and production builds.
- Create & collect requirements and pursue benchmarking effort to select best system for the used case.
- Conduct and coordinate cross functional design reviews and create action items for non-conformances or design elements that does not meet requirements.
- Lead resolution of engineering issues in H.I.T.S, identify root cause, interim corrective action and lead the resolution of the permanent corrective action.
- Be the liaison between product validation, controls integration team and vehicle engineering team for sub system and system roadmap for chassis team.
- Evaluate the open issues provide impact analysis to timing, cost, and function.
- Creating and maintaining a back log of engineering changes and deviations applicable for each truck build and sample builds.
- Fabricate test benches / identify test setup to verify the sub system design function.
- Ensure successful roll out of Engineering Bill of Materials for different build phases.
- Communicate phase in for outstanding engineering changes and ensure implementation of the changes according to the build requirements.
- Create and present reports, with documentation of technical analysis, system trade-offs as well as business case for technologies.
- Build VAVE change team/champions to be the flag bearer of upcoming systemic changes.
- Lead the build of plywood buck or engineering breadboard to test and check functionality.
- Conduct and document sub-system level DFMEA and outline the path to resolve open items with high RPN numbers.
- Work with critical component supplier to create roadmap of known changes and report the impact to the Hyliion electrification programs with a mitigation plan / plan of action.
- Lead creation of project charter and RASIC with high-level milestones.
- Interface regularly with program management team, procurement team, customer success team and operations team to meet project deadlines and be the liaison from engineering.
- Support the development of key quality and validation documentation including FMEAs, DVP&Rs to document key failure modes, and develop associated product verification/validation plans for assigned subsystems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 4-7 year of relevant experience
Specialized knowledge/Professional Certifications (preferred)
- Masters degree in engineering preferred.
- Engineering in Electrical and Electronics.
- Knowledge of class 8 trucks in a 6x4 configuration.
- Knowledge of high voltage batteries, thermal systems, and e-axles.
- Experience leading technical projects including managing schedules and setting key project tasks/milestones.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging design decisions.
- Experience in leading engineering design decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Understanding of hybrid powertrain systems.
- Understanding of HV EE architecture.
- Experience in PLM tools Windchill/Team Center.
- Experience in using test equipment and validation tools such as CANalyzer and PCAN.
- Experience in automotive applications and applicable interfaces such as CAN, LIN etc.
- Experience in the automotive electronic systems, including software and hardware.
- Ability to understand operations/manufacturing/service documentation.
Key Attributes and Demonstrable Values include:
- People Centered
- Shared Ownership & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- High Integrity
- Ethics & Compliance
- Safety Mentality
- Other duties as assigned may be assigned as required for this role.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.