Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Hyliion is looking for a Senior Lead Engineer – Feature Calibration to join our engineering team in Cedar Park, TX. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize the trucking industry, reduce the use of fuel, and have some fun.
This is an exciting role with the opportunity to have a significant impact on Hyliion’s success. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and guiding the successful development, calibration, and implementation of fuel economy, energy management, and optimization strategies contributing to the development of world class electrified powertrains.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop robust strategies for development of electric vehicle range, fuel economy, and energy management calibration methodologies to deliver on program requirements.
- Implement optimization strategies to balance performance and energy efficiency.
- Guide and mentor calibration engineers in approach for fuel economy and energy management implementation.
- Define and execute development test plans and leverage data to drive integration.
- Lead interface between controls integration and calibration team and simulation organization to leverage, compare, and optimize overall performance.
- Assess tradeoff between drivability, performance, and efficiency and implement strategy.
- Develop data analysis framework to analyze test data, present results, and identify approach for further development activities.
- Develop robust methodologies for system development and calibration, conduct calibration reviews, and contribute to calibration compares in support of software releases.
- Develop calibration Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics and integrate with cloud data.
- Guide and advise engineering team on control system integration and calibration across entire program lifecycle.
- Work with cross functional teams to interpret customer requirements and develop sub-system calibrations.
- Ensure on time delivery with quality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ Years of Experience in relevant engineering roles focused on drivability, energy management, and torque path development of powertrains.
Specialized knowledge/Professional Certifications (preferred)
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering discipline preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in calibration development for electric vehicle range, fuel economy, and energy management.
- Experience and knowledge of electric powertrains, software calibration and test methodologies.
- Technical experience and knowledge associated with vehicle electrification and controls (software, calibration, diagnostics, ISO 26262, hardware and systems, software design, battery technology, controls systems, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with major automotive or Class 8 systems (torque path, thermal management, drivability, powertrain performance, energy management).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with MATLAB, Simulink, HIL, ETAS INCA, Vector, etc.
- Ability to conduct model simulation and analysis to optimize fuel economy, performance, and energy management.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for fuel economy, energy management, and vehicle performance development and integration
- Ability to work safely in vehicles, labs, etc.
- Develop and implement calibration methodology and optimization strategies for electrified powertrains.
- Breadth of experience including thermal systems, battery management systems, e-Accessories, etc.
- Individual should be highly analytical, self-starting, and can work effectively with a diverse team to solve problems and present information.
- Proven ability in managing multiple projects, priorities, and assignments with accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Position will require travel to lead environmental development test trips, support supplier technical reviews, and evaluate system performance. Ability to travel up to 15-20%.
Key Attributes and Demonstrable Values include:
- People Centered
- Shared Ownership & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- High Integrity
- Ethics & Compliance
- Safety Mentality
- Other duties as assigned may be assigned as required for this role.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.