Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Hyliion is a fast-growing, innovative organization specializing in cutting-edge sustainable technology. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of sustainable power generation and are looking for a dynamic, proactive Program and Operations Manager to assist our team in developing and industrializing our revolutionary fuel agnostic generator. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Program Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our KARNO engineering team and guide the overall program timeline for the business. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, hands-on problem solver, and will have a strong entrepreneurial mindset. You will act as the key liaison between the KARNO hardware engineers, functional leads and industrialization team to ensure smooth project progress and address any technical or logistical challenges that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of KARNO delivery timelines and use creative problem solving to resolve timing conflicts and challenges while ensuring we meet key product objectives.
- Manage and coordinate the hardware team's activities, ensuring all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Act as the primary point of contact for technical and operational issues, proactively resolving problems and addressing roadblocks.
- Continuously monitor project progress, provide updates, escalate risks, adjust priorities, and create contingency plans for high-risk milestones.
- Share timely and content-rich updates with Hyliion leadership team on a regular cadence to ensure company-wide awareness of timing and any risks to committed program timing.
- Streamline communication between the engineering and other departments, such as supply chain, sales, marketing, and administration.
- Engage with software program manager and industrialization lead to develop and implement effective project management behavior, processes, and best practices.
- Collaborate with engineering and cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improvement and optimize processes and execution.
- Manage resources and timelines, ensuring optimal allocation of resources for ongoing and upcoming projects; flag resource gaps and needs to achieve timelines.
- Foster a positive, proactive, and agile work environment that encourages innovation and collaboration across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, or a related field.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in Program Management or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Engineering Operations Manager, Project Manager, or similar role.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a focus on results and driving projects forward.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively liaise with various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with generator technology or a similar industry is a plus.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k/Roth 401k
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.