Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
The Site and Print Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining the shop and manufacturing operations for the Hyliion site in Cincinnati, OH. This new site will serve as the KARNO production blueprint for future operations and the Site and Print Operations Manager will have the opportunity to shape the process flow and daily operations of the product. The Site and Print Operations Manager will be a leader on the Industrialization team and will collaborate closely with local engineering and operations to assist with prototyping and establish the path toward low volume production in an organized and safe environment. This position will report to the Industrialization Lead (CSO).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish process flow for entire KARNO genset manufacture, including additive manufacturing, post processing, assembly, test and ship.
- Oversee development of high-quality manufacturing processes and validation of processes for statistical capability.
- Lead local safety and 5S programs to ensure safe and efficient local operations.
- Manage daily print operations with team of machine technicians.
- Interact with engineering team whenever prototyping or testing requires new processes or facility upgrades which may include management of permitting with local ordinances.
- Manage vendor services to support operations (e.g. Custodial, Landscaping, Security).
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems. including additive manufacturing machines, CNC machines, process gases, electrical equipment, etc.
- Optimize space and throughput of production operations within the building and through external operations to achieve productivity objectives.
- Develop base production plan and ongoing updates for output, workforce and materials planning.
- Develop and monitor budgets and expenditures. Support business case development for any required new investments.
- Lead on site EHS creating signage, managing PPE inventory, and working with engineers to establish LOTO procedures for high voltage equipment.
- Remove hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests.
- Perform general building maintenance repairs (e.g. plumbing, electrical, preventative maintenance work).
- Manage shipping and receiving for the site.
- Monitor and report on operational metrics for the Ohio site to achieve objectives for readiness, quality, productivity, and safety.
- Associates degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in related Facilities Management field.
Specialized knowledge/Professional Certifications (preferred)
- OSHA-30 Certified.
- Proficient with Microsoft products, Adobe, Budgeting/Finance software.
- Experience in safety around high voltage equipment.
- Experience managing others.
- Experience using additive manufacturing equipment.
- Perform at a high energy fast pace, with self-motivation and strong
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, and experience in working with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical and problem
- Strong organization, leadership, time management and team motivation skills are essential for success in this role.
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and to communicate roadblocks promptly to management within a fast-paced environment where project/ team priorities may shift.
- Strong working knowledge of functional safety
- Hand/power tools knowledge.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k/Roth 401k
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.