08 Jun Hyliion Accelerates Growth, Begins Expansion of Its Austin, Texas Headquarters
- Additional office space and amenities will accommodate growing team of up to 500 employees
- Redesign will more than double powertrain installation capacity and triple battery development space
- Hyliion welcomes industry veteran Richelle Frank as Vice President of Operations; Frank to oversee the company’s facility redesign and further advance broader manufacturing strategy towards commercialization
Rendering of Hyliion showroom that will be added in significant expansion of Austin headquarters
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hyliion Holdings Corp. (NYSE: HYLN) (“Hyliion”), a leader in electrified powertrain solutions for Class 8 semi-trucks, today announced that it has begun a significant expansion of its Austin headquarters. Driven by a growing staff and the need for additional installation and testing capacity, the multi-million-dollar project will be broken into three stages, focusing on increased office space, a reconfigured installation warehouse, and a new research and development testing area. The full project is expected to be completed next year.
“Our people and our products are at the core of this expansion,” said Thomas Healy, founder and CEO of Hyliion. “We are growing to accommodate current and expected future demand for our innovative powertrain solutions. Each decision made in our building redesign is intended to support our commercialization goals as we work toward the rollout of our new Hybrid unit later this year and the launch of our Hypertruck ERX.”
The full project will increase facility capacity by 50%, and will include:
- Expanding the facility footprint to 120,000 square feet
- Adding 20,000 square feet of office space, enabling the entire facility to accommodate up to 500 employees
- More than doubling the installation footprint and the number of trucks able to undergo simultaneous installation
- Tripling the size of the area where Hyliion develops its proprietary battery technology
- Increasing the testing area, where Hyliion’s powertrain and batteries are assessed and validated before becoming next generation solutions
- Building a second floor and a fitness center
Richelle Frank, who recently joined Hyliion as Vice President, Operations, will oversee the day-to-day progress of the redesign – in addition to her duties leading a growing operations team and managing all of Hyliion’s installation and assembly programs.