02 Sep Hyliion Launches Improved Hybrid Truck Powertrain, All-Electric HyperTruck ERX
Hyliion announced an improved version of its Hybrid system at the Advanced Clean Transportation Expo in Long Beach, California, and showed off a long-range version of its Hypertruck ERX that will help truck makers meet California zero-emissions truck regulations.
This updated version of Hyliion’s hybrid powertrain, designated the Hyliion Hybrid eX, offers fleets a lighter solution that is easier to install, service, and operate, according to the company. The Hybrid eX draws upon the real-world feedback Hyliion has received from customers and the millions of miles logged with the previous system.
The Hybrid eX features a number of improvements over the earlier Hybrid configuration, including:
- A simpler, more rugged design with a consolidated battery box that aims to significantly streamline the installation process
- Reduced net system weight, allowing for greater payload
- New e-axle for improved efficiency
- Refined software and cloud connectivity aiming to deliver over-the-air performance and proprietary updates more efficiently
- New automatic traction-assist feature and updated control interfaces for improved driver experience.
- Cybersecurity advancements